Table of Contents Hide
- How to Send a Text Message on iPhone or iPad
- How to Send a Group Text Message on iOS Device
- How To Delete Messages On iPhone Or iPad
- Set up an iMessage account on your iOS device:
- How to Configure your iMessage settings in iOS:
- Final Words:
iMessage is the successor to Apple’s AIM messaging service. It is a proprietary instant messaging service that is supported by Apple’s Messages app. Messages can be sent and received from other iMessage users who have an Apple device.
iMessage is a free service that automatically establishes a Wi-Fi connection when both sender and receiver are near each other and connected to the same Wi-Fi network. The service is available on all of Apple’s iOS devices, all of Apple’s Macs, and computers running Windows.
The first iMessage was sent in 2009 through the AIM service, which was later discontinued in favor of the new Apple service. Since the launch of iMessage, Apple has continued to develop the platform with innovative new features such as location-based chat.
Read Also: how to download iMessage on windows
How to Send a Text Message on iPhone or iPad
This article will show you how to send a text message on an iPhone or iPad. Just follow the below steps:
- Open the messages app by tapping the Messages icon on your home screen.
- Tap the New Message icon in the lower-right corner of your screen and then tap on the contact you want to send a message to.
- Write your message and then tap Send in the upper-right corner of your screen.
Alternatively, you can click on the person’s name and then tap on the Send message icon in their contact card.
How to Send a Group Text Message on iOS Device
Here, we’ll guide you through the process of sending group chat on iPhone. We are going to cover a few tips and tricks that will help you send group chat messages on your iPhone.
Here are the steps:
- Open Messages App on your iPhone
- Tap “New Group” – Enter “Group Name” and tap “Done”
- Tap “+ Add Member” and select contacts from your contact list, tap “Done” when finished adding members to the group chat.
- Tap “Start”- Enter a message- Tap “Send” and send the message to your group chat on iPhone.
How To Delete Messages On iPhone Or iPad
Here, We will show you how to delete messages from your iPhone or iPad. There are two ways to delete messages on your iPhone or iPad. You can either use the Messages app or the Settings app. The first method is less complicated, but you cannot selectively choose which messages to delete when using this method. The second method is more complicated, but it allows you to select which messages to delete.
Delete messages using the Messages app:
Tap and hold on to a message in the inbox, then tap on “More” at the bottom of the screen and tap “Delete”. This will remove that message from both your inbox and outbox.
Delete messages using Settings:
Open up Settings and tap on “Messages”. Choose what kind of content you want to delete by tapping on it. You can choose to delete iMessages, text messages, or both types of messages. . After choosing to delete text messages, tap on “Delete” and then tap on “Message”. This will let you choose which individual messages you want to delete.
Set up an iMessage account on your iOS device:
If you are not an Apple user, you may not be aware that the iMessage service is available on your iOS device. You can create a new account on your device and send messages to other iPhone users. This article will show you how to set up an iMessage account on your iOS device.
- Open Settings app
- Tap Messages
- Tap Create New Account and follow the prompts to enter a new email address or phone number
- Enter a password and tap Next
- Tap Sign In with Apple ID and enter credentials for an existing Apple ID or create a new one
- Enter security information, tap Next, then type in the verification code sent to your email or phone number
- Tap on the switch next to iMessage to turn it onStep
- Enter a message, tap Send
If you are using an iPhone, you can use the iMessage service by creating a new account and turning it on.
If you are using an iPad or iPod Touch, follow these steps to set up your device as an iMessage-capable device.
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Messages.
- Tap the iMessage switch in the top-right corner to turn it on, then tap Next and sign into an Apple ID or create a new one.
- Enter your message, tap Send and finally finish up by tapping on the switch next to iMessage to turn it off.
How to Configure your iMessage settings in iOS:
There are a few settings that you should configure in order to get the most out of your iMessage experience.
First, make sure that you have a strong and unique passcode. This will make it harder for someone to break into your device and access your messages.
Next, go into Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding and turn off the forwarding option for texts. This way, anyone who tries to access your messages will be blocked and won’t be able to read them at all.
Finally, go into Settings > Messages > Send as SMS Messages and turn this off as well. This way, when someone sends you an iMessage they’ll know that they’re sending an SMS message rather than an iMessage because it’ll say “SMS” next to it in the text bubble instead of “iMessage.”
Now that you know how to Set up an iMessage account on your iOS device, be sure to follow these simple steps to ensure that your account is set up correctly and working properly. If you have any questions or problems, don’t hesitate to contact Apple Support for help. Thanks for reading!